Valentine’s Day Flowers – Everything You Need to KnowOccasions Written by: Arbour blooms Posted on: 01/02/2023
February is, of course, the month of love.
Cupids around the world rise up with their metaphorical bow and arrow and take aim. Depending on the relationship and the personalities involved, lovers will either hint, declare or shout to the rooftops their feelings.
Whether you prefer a subtle suggestion or an unmistakable, big, bold gesture, the best way to express your love is with Valentine’s Day flowers. And Arbour Blooms is here to help make it happen.
Indeed, as luck would have it, our cracking team of Cupids is busily working away to create bouquets, posies and even wreaths of the most stunning, swoon-worthy blooms imaginable. They’re also buzzing with creative floral ideas. So, if you’re unsure what you want (or what might be appropriate), touch base with our friendly local florists and let them impress you with their romantic ruminations!
Types of Valentine’s Day flower arrangements
Arbour Blooms has a wonderful range of romantic Valentine’s Day flowers. From hand-tied bouquets to bundles of Valentine’s day flowers accompanying balloons or chocolates, we’ve got all options covered.
Just remember, though, there is no one-size-fits-all approach. February 14th might be a worldwide celebration, but it’s still deeply personal for those who send gifts to someone they love (or are interested in getting to know better!). As such, buy what’s right for the special person in your life. Perhaps they’re mad keen on tulips? If so, you should ignore all the usual rosey suspects and take your creative cue from the Netherlands.
Whatever floral arrangement you’re after – even if it’s something we create bespoke for you – anything is possible with Arbour Blooms.
The most romantic flowers
Speaking generally, the most romantic love flowers would have to be roses. We largely have the Greek goddess of love, Aphrodite, to thank for this. Versions of mythology vary. One account sees (the original) Cupid take aim as Aphrodite strolled through a rose garden. Another suggests the rose formed after Aphrodite’s tears mixed with the blood of her love, Adonis, who was killed by a wild boar.
However, we think the most romantic Valentine’s Day flowers are whatever you want them to be.
This is a day of love for everyone; for some, that might mean 12 perfect long-stemmed red roses. For others, it might mean a single superb Valentine’s Day flower. Indeed, there are so many romantic flowers that aren’t roses, including orchids, tulips, daisies, hydrangeas and more.
There are no rules – it’s the gesture that carries the real meaning.
What flowers are trending ahead of this year’s February 14th?
We’ve already noticed an increase in enquiries about orchids. It’s not surprising, given these are such a unique, exotic and wondrous species of flower. Available in a variety of colours and forming mesmerising shapes with their complex structure, orchids really deliver the wow.
Five of the best reasons to give flowers on Valentine’s Day
- They not only look good but smell wonderful. The perfume they leave wafting around the room is heavenly.
- If you can’t be with the one you love, at least flowers can act on your behalf!
- They’re not one-hit wonders. They’ll last for several weeks if cared for properly.
- Have you heard of biophilia? It’s all about the positive benefits of connecting with nature. A floral gift brings the outdoors in and helps you care for your loved one.
- It doesn’t matter what language you speak or the culture you come from – flowers universally symbolise care and love.
Three top tips on buying Valentine’s Day flowers
- Buy quality. There’s no point in making a meaningful gesture with sad, thirsty flowers or badly assembled bouquets. Arbour Blooms only stocks the freshest flowers, all assembled beautifully by talented professional florists who care for every bouquet they create.
- Add your unique touch. If creative inspiration doesn’t come easily to you, not to worry!There are plenty of ideas online about messages to pen. Something very personal that shows your loved one you really thought about the gift will speak volumes.“We met on the dancefloor five years ago, and life has been one top hit after another ever since with you”.OK – it’s a little cheesy, but it’s so cute, right?!
- Be organised (read more below). This is the floral industry’s busiest time of the year, so be an early bird to ensure you get the blooms you want.
How to order Valentine’s Day flowers
More good news – we make it so easy to order flowers online. Simply shop the perfect petals, add to cart and then follow the prompts. Here you can channel your inner Cyrano de Bergerac and pen sweet words to your special someone. Pay with all major credit cards or Paypal – it’s so easy!
Valentine’s Day flower delivery
Lots of lovers want to send flowers for Valentine’s Day – it is one of the busiest days of the year for the industry. But don’t worry because we’ve got you covered with same-day or next-day delivery as long as you get in early. Whether you want to deliver flowers to Dublin, Ireland-wide or even overseas, we can make it happen smoothly and swiftly.
However, given the world is awash with love on February 14th, we ask that you place an order by 10am for same-day delivery. There is no deadline for next-day delivery. It goes without saying if you want your Valentine’s Day flowers delivered on time, then think a little bit ahead. Rest assured, our team will do everything possible to assist even 11th-hour orders. Although, unlike Cupid, we don’t have superhuman powers!
Contact us about flowers for Valentine’s Day
Visit our online store to buy and send flowers for Valentine’s Day. Our customer service team can’t wait to help you make that special someone feel loved and appreciated.